- Full Time
Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Muller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation.
By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover and in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting in our Financial Services Department for a Financial Controller who will be responsible for all aspects of Muller Service Limited reporting and accounting, you will provide forecasting and analysis and financial accounting for all costs process to Service Function Heads.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* To prepare and validate Muller Service Limited budgets and forecasts working with Functional Heads, providing analysis and support to review process with Business Unit MDs.
* To agree allocation methodology with functional heads and Business Units and Group controlling. .
* To prepare comprehensive summaries and bridge analysis to support movement in budgets and forecasts supporting the review process.
* To be responsible for all financial accounting for the MSL costs on a month by month basis with responsibility to ensure transactions accurately reflect the activity for the MSL functions. Response for accruals and prepayments for MSL and ensuring that costs are posted to the correct cost centre and account.
* To provide understanding on monthly MSL result and insight to Functional Heads in order to support business decisions and options.
* To take ownership for the Expenses process across all the Muller UK Dairy businesses:-
o To work with UK Tax team to ensure that our expenses process is legally compliant.
o To work alongside the Accounts Payable team to ensure that the Expenses process is working effectively.
o To act as subject matter expert working with the Accounts Payable team to ensure that users are compliant with the Expenses Policy and to act as the finance representative for decisions associated with the Travel Management system on an ad hoc basis.
o To provide analysis on level of expenses. - Perform an annual review of the expense policy in co-ordination with HR, Tax and Procurement to update the policy, agree it with the UK Executive Board and publish the changes to users.
* To prepare and submit monthly VAT and Intrastat returns to HMRC.
* To work with the Tax department providing financial support to tax projects and activities.
* To support the business on other project work that may arise from time to time, including acquisitions, reorganisations and restructuring projects.
* To work with IT continuously improving SAP processes.
* Treasury - to work closely with the Group Treasury team, ensuring all treasury and foreign currency transactions are accounted for correctly and transacted timely.
* In line with internal and Group reporting timetables, to support the budget and forecasting processes for overheads, headcount, financial accounting P&L's, balance sheets and cash flow forecasting.
* To prepare the budgeted salary costs for all two business units.
* To provide Management of the Accounts Payable Team in Market Drayton consisting of a Team Leader and 3 Accounts Payable Assistants. This will include ensuring that the vendor master data is maintained for existing and new suppliers in SAP, approval of payment runs each week for all supplier and expense payments.
* Capital Spend - to work with Project Engineers and Administrators to ensure capital expenditure (in SAP) is capitalised by team across the UK in a timely manner.
* To hold regular one to one meetings and provide support on development plans.
* To deputise of Head of Finance (MYD) and / or Finance Director Financial Accounting from time to time, attending weekly Ops Board meeting representing Finance.
Key skills & experience
* Fully Qualified Accountant - preferably ICAEW.
* Strong accounting background and comfortable with Financial Accounting principles.
* Analytical background able to provide insight from data.
* Hands on approach to Core IT systems and strong spreadsheet skills.
* Experience of working with Senior Team members.
* Good financial mind and ability to derive insight from data.
* Excellent attention to detail and able to work with significant volume of data.
* Well organised and able to juggle several priorities at one time / resilient and works well under pressure.
* Energetic and prepared to drive the agenda
* Excellent team working skills.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80833374