Back End Developer
We're currently working on
- Automated scaling of our platform to handle over 20x spikes in requests
- Improving stability across the platform using monitoring of metrics, profiling services, and benchmarking core functionality
- Reducing developer toil by automating repetitive tasks for integrations of new clients and third party feeds
- Building data pipelines to facilitate business intelligence and user segmentation for advanced ad targeting
- Exploring containerisation across the platform to orchestrate microservices, improve time to deployment pipelines, and reduce infrastructure costs
We're looking for
- Someone with proven back end coding skills using a modern language
- A solid understanding of the workings of API's, web services and microservices
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent understanding
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Experience utilising databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Good understanding of approaches to testing
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Someone ready for Back End Developer jobs in Bristol such as: Go Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer | Ruby Developer | Back End Developer etc.
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the followingProfessional experience with GoOptimisation and scaling of microservicesDocker and containerisationgRPC and protobuf
We'll help you get up to speed on our technology mixGo (aka Golang) | microservices | Node.js | Python | BigQuery | Prometheus / Kibana | PostgreSQL | Redis | Aerospike | distributed systems | Google Pub/Sub | GCP technologies | machine learning | Kanban | TDD | and more...
Salary and benefits
- £30,000 - £42,000+ negotiable Discretionary relocation assistance
- Flexible working practices | 25 days paid holiday | private health insurance, workplace pension scheme, plus additional benefits provided via Perkbox | treat opportunities to grow your skillset working within a fast growing technology business | season ticket loan, and bike scheme | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both London and Bristol
Fresh8 is totally unique and innovative technology business, offering - what could be called a 'next generation' product for world’s leading gambling operators that instantly connects sport fans with personalised bets.
We have grown to a 30 strong team operating across offices in Bristol and London. Since 2014, we have won a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards in 2016 and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
Some of the largest gambling operators in the world use the Fresh8 platform to significantly improve their marketing efficiency and automatically unlock the value of their vast product data. Our partners use our platform to make more intelligent ad purchasing decisions and greatly improve ROI from their media partnerships.
Location: central Bristol, by Temple Meads
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more.
RECRUITERS: Fresh8 Gaming has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner for this role and cold calling is not welcomed.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80843330