Analyst, Coverage Banker
Coverage Banker, Analyst
At a glance
The Analyst reports to the Managing Director & Head of UK CIB Coverage.
The mission of the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) Coverage team is to provide UK/ Ireland based Corporate and Financial Institution clients with a full service offering to meet their funding, risk management and transaction banking requirements.
The CIB Coverage function is the primary client interface and client relationship management role for serving Corporate and Financial Institution clients. The clients are organised by sectors (e.g. Energy, Transport, Industrials etc.) and banker coverage mirrors ABN AMRO's defined sectors. Coverage bankers liaise between their clients and product partners, sector heads and functions in the Netherlands to deliver solutions to UK/Ireland clients. The role of the Analyst is to support the Coverage bankers across new and existing business. The main products offered are Loans, DCM, Global Markets products (FX and IR), Commodities products, Transaction Banking, Trade Finance, Escrow, Leasing and Clearing amongst others. M&A and ECM will also be in scope.
The UK /Ireland Corporate Coverage business has the objective of developing client relationships with a turnover of GBP 200 mln+. The portfolio which is aimed at realising the (financial) goals of the client, the agreed financial and commercial objectives of the bank and increased client satisfaction. The emphasis is on building long term relationships based on trust and cross-selling ABN AMRO's products and services across the platform. The coverage bankers are aware of client strategies, issues and commercial challenges and is committed to exceed the clients expectations with a strong emphasis on a 'Share of Mind relationship. The role of the Analyst is to support the Coverage Banker in the objective, both through work within the bank on clients, across the UK and sector markets more broadly, and working across functions to promote the UK/ Ireland franchise of ABN AMRO.
The Coverage Bankers are responsible for monitoring and safeguarding the strategy of Corporate & Institutional Clients, aware of internal- and external developments related to the positioning of the Corporate & Institutional Clients organisation and its' clients. The Analyst role is to support Coverage Bankers in this objective. Core activities will include helping to prepare pitch books, gathering research material to support UK/ Ireland client business, helping to arrange marketing and franchise building events, attending and recording client meetings and follow ups, and working closely with the various product and coverage functions in NL to build a strong network and team across the bank. Other areas will include ad hoc projects where the UK Coverage team will need support on, eg. On specific lending or product marketing efforts.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Lease, Commercial Finance and Clearing.
The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on the client's success. We want clients to perceive us as trusted, professional and ambitious - our core values.
At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition.
We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Capital Market Solutions - Sales & Trading, Clearing and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Commercial Finance and Leasing
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 400 individuals in the UK.
- The Analyst would take part in the Analyst training programme for CIB in NL as well as attending relevant local training in UK.
- Basic experience of working alongside Corporate Coverage team;
- Basic experience of working with Corporate Lending/ Administration functions;
- Basic industry knowledge (Business Services, Food, Manufacturing, Retail, TMT, Transport and Logistics, Utilities)
- Basic knowledge of business economics
- Basic knowledge of Corporate Finance and Debt Solutions products
- Knowledge of current social and economic developments, the regional network and developments in its market area, industry and sector data, competition and banking products tailored for Corporate Clients as well as the international market
- Knowledge of ABN AMRO's vision and strategy, especially by Corporate Banking, the operating concepts, business processes, organization, products and services
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and contribute to the performance of the team
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Onsite Recruiter, , +44 203 192 9342.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80835548