Software Engineer / Software Developer
Software Engineer / Software Developer – We have a fantastic opportunity for Software Engineer / Software Developer to be a part of a growing team based in Chelmsford. Using your skills you will deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology. Delivering on climate change, improving air quality, reducing GHG, and particulate emissions and making a real and measurable difference
You will contribute to the development of all vehicle related software, particularly the PREMS system and work with the relevant development partners in accordance with automotive and ISO design processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Integration of in-house, customer and supplier project, validation and production implementation
- To develop appropriate design specifications and test criteria in accordance with quality systems
- To produce high quality designs of products
- Development of PC based tools for analysis and debugging
- Support the team with software needs
- Review and develop hardware design
- Software and technical testing
- Review and interpretation of customer interface specifications
- Preparation of operational documentation
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in software engineering or computer science
- Experience of professional software development in embedded C or C++
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Very strong understanding software design and engineering paradigm
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Positive ‘can do' attitude
As the successful Software Engineer / Software Developer you will be able to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will be computer literate including knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Office programs.
This a full-time position working 40 hours per week with additional hours available. We are offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (some days will have to be kept during the Christmas period due to office closures) and will be offered a pension scheme, health scheme and life insurance. We are a fun, family run business with amazing staff facilities and enjoy building professional relationships in an enjoyable way.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Software, Engineer, Hardware, Bachelor's, Computer science, Developer
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80846583