Location: Hedge End, Hampshire
Salary: £31K - £40K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
This is an exciting time to become a team member – as a Software Developer - with the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence.
About the role – Software Developer:
We are looking for a capable, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing the software that supports the service proposition offered to our customers and resellers. The type of person we are looking for will have had involvement in building new applications from the ground up based on the specification and requirements although this does not necessarily have to be gained from experience in a commercial environment.
This role would suit graduates as well as those who are new to a commercial environment although have spent sufficient time learning their skill and building their knowledge.
Duties of the Software Developer role:
- Develop the core systems based on a Linux/UNIX based architecture.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- Working with other development colleagues and Systems Administration to agree particular server based software/applications required to operate the software.
- Keep an up to date knowledge of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and be used within the company.
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss progress with other team members using SCRUM methodology.
- Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Graduated from Software Engineering discipline.
- Significant experience as a Software Developer in a commercial environment.
- In-depth understanding, ability to interpret and code (as required) in OO PHP and XML/JSON.
- Strong experience with MVC frameworks (Zend, Codeigniter, Smphony etc).
- Experience with REST web service development.
- Strong experience with highly secure and scalable web development.
- Experience with database design and development.
- Able to understand and create Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Strong experience with MySQL and able to write and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications.
- Experience with Version Control System such as GIT, SVN etc.
- In-depth experience and understanding of systems, as well as systems analysis and design experience of a formal software development life-cycle.
- Experience with working on AGILE development environment.
- Knowledge about Unit Test.
- Experience in working with developing code that supports strong security.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80841520