Multi Skilled Engineer
Working on behalf of our prestigious client based in Bury, we are recruiting for a qualified and experienced Multi Skilled Engineer.
Hours of work:Monday to Thursday rotating shift work. Week 1 days. Week 2 nights. Working 10 hours per shift typically, though a reasonable amount of overtime will be expected as required by the business, and a degree of flexibility is required.
To ensure continuity of production processes both by maintenance of, and improvement of plant, equipment and processes.
- Preventative and/or reactive maintenance of plant, buildings and equipment
- Machinery/Equipment installation, liaising and working in partnership with OEM’s
- Checking and calibrating equipment to ensure accuracy
- Carrying out quality inspections and scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Responding immediately to equipment/machinery breakdowns
- Finding and fixing faults or arranging for replacement parts to be installed
- Maintaining manufacturing, ancilliary and support processes
- Providing support and recommendations to operations teams and the wider organisation as required
- Adhering to and promoting health and safety regulations
- Liaising with various departments within the business as required
- Providing a prompt and valuable service
- Cover team duties as required
- Understand how own role and KPI’s impact on organisation and department objectives
- Support manager to deliver the above
- You must have a flexible approach to working patterns
- Complete regular MSQ surveys
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to 17th edition.
- Relevant experience in an industrial environment and be proficient with regard to control systems and drives using Plc’s and Inverters. Knowledge of, and experience with, Siemens plc’s and Lenze Drives will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Candidates with broad mechanical and pneumatic skills are desirable
- Must be willing to undertake additional training to expand knowledge base and develop your skills in line with organisational requirements
- As you will be working with colleagues from other areas of the business, good communication skills are essential
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80828931