Capital Projects Manager (Fixed Term Position 18 - 24 months)
To provide Project Management support for Senior & Operations Managers, provide innovative solutions to Process, Re-Engineering and Continuous Improvement projects or issues. To manage and control Major and Sundry Capital Projects including investigation, solution, design, estimation, implementation, installation and commissioning throughout Manufacturing in line with customer requirements and overall business goals.
- Effective management of a diverse range of multi-disciplined capital projects simultaneously;
- Budget management, reporting and accountability;
- Liaison with planning and operations for access to plant;
- Liaison with end customers to ensure accurate project specification;
- Delivering identified success criteria as specified in project approvals;
- Compliance with employed European, national or company standards in the projects delivered;
- Liaison with and co-ordination of suppliers, contractors, internal engineering resources and the customer to deliver projects to budget, programme and specification;
- Management of multi-disciplined teams and employed contractors, including health, safety and environmental implications whilst on site.
- Management of installations; taking CDM responsibilities as appropriate.
- Visit and inspect work at vendor premises
- Provide technical support for Senior Managers, Operations Managers, Technicians and other departments.
- For Bottling operations new package development, proactively engage at all stages of the process, particularly the concept stage to deliver optimum engineering/project solutions to meet or exceed company targets for implementation.
- Engineering graduate or graduate calibre with relevant experience, preferably Chartered Engineer.
- Demonstrable evidence of effective project management skills;
- Sound organisation and planning skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Resource planning skills;
- Evidence of focus on delivery of customer service;
- Proactive approach to maintaining awareness of current trends and legislation in Engineering;
- Drive and enthusiasm for continuous improvement through delivery of Engineering, process improvement activities and standards.
- Leadership capability, to develop the project support function processes and personnel to continually improve service, working towards world class standards.
- Provide leadership and drive in managing change when implementing new systems to ensure completion on time, within budget and to the right quality.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80843865