Senior PHP Developer
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior PHP Developer to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. They have spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. They have built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile techniques to deliver their pace-setting applications. They like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as their Senior PHP Developer
Do you like solving problems and have the tenacity to overcome any difficulties put in your path? As their Senior PHP Developer, you will be an innovator who aspires to being the best whilst conceptualising, creating the architecture of a project. You will adore writing code and be committed to helping your product owner achieve their ideals. As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be working their new web solution for providing vehicle checks. Using your technical flare, you will drive the product forward. Working in an agile squad will give you every opportunity to work collaboratively with testers, developers and analyst.
Requirements and Experience needed to become their Senior PHP Developer
- Proven and demonstrable ability in a related programming job
- Proven ability in a PHP programming using OOP methodologies
- Proven ability in SQL database integration.
- Proven ability in (X) HTML and CSS.
- Experience of working with staged build environments.
- Experience in use of Laravel , Symfony or other frameworks
- Experience of using Git
- Proven ability in XML/JSON and Web Services
- Proven ability in use of Apache and Linux or Unix-based OS.
- Ability in Oracle Integration
- Experience of working with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience of Jenkins or other automated build tools.
- Experience of using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deploying on Amazon Web Services
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience of Behat or other automated test frameworks.
- Experience of using Vue.js
Benefits of becoming their Senior PHP Developer
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘apply’ today to become their Senior PHP Developer! They’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80836711