Interested in gaining valuable experience whilst working towards industry led training?
Baltic Training and Serco are delighted to be in partnership to recruit a 3 Apprentice Service Desk Analyst Apprentices to join a vibrant IT department based in Hertford! This exciting opportunity comes due to the continued success of Serco, who are a service and outsourcing company with experience of delivering essential public services for more than 40 years!
If you are a pro-active, well-organised and motivated individual with a passion for problem solving then this is the role for you!
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow". Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and break down barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
The Apprentice Service Desk Analyst will be an integral member of the Customer Services Team. Reporting to Apprenticeship Development Manager/Service Desk Manager
Duties include, although are not limited to:
- Customer focused with a strong sense of quality and a desire for delivering service excellence.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can oversee the execution of tasks assigned and works well with own/ client teams to remove any obstacles.
- Sets and meets customers (internal and external) expectations, promising only that which can be delivered.
- Has the respect of the customer as a result of committing and delivering
- Understands the relationship between work processes and the business.
- Is aware of internal/external business issues and instigates the ideal course of action as a result, ensuring best practice at all times.
- Has the ability to identify new opportunities within own area and appropriately engages client or manager in the pursuit of such opportunities.
- Once opportunities have been identified, provides innovative, workable solutions / plans for take on and continued delivery of the service.
- Answer all contacts within contractual SLA's and meet all other SLA and KPI targets
- Ensure communication delivered to users is accurate, appropriate and high-quality.
- Ensure that all incoming contacts are logged, diagnosed and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards
- Deliver to first level resolution targets and improve on first level resolution
- Deliver to remote resolution targets and improve on remote resolution
- Triage contacts to support teams and escalation areas as required
- Be responsible for delivering a high-quality IT support service in line with target SLAs
The role requires a pro-active, well-organised, self-motivated individual with a methodical approach to problem solving and excellent customer service skills. Ultimately an Apprentice Service Desk Analyst must be able to deliver an extremely high level of first and second line support to aid user retention and satisfaction, to achieve our business goals.
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Network Fundamentals MTA
- Mobility & Device MTA
- Cloud Fundamentals MTA
- Business Processes
- Coding and Logic
- External Assessment, Synoptic Project and Overview
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Microsoft Office Skills to include; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Good people skills, team worker, adaptable, quick to learn
- Good at working within a team environment
- Five GCSEs Grades A to C in Maths, English and a Science subject (or acceptable equivalent).
- You will also need to complete an initial assessment in Maths & English, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
- Full SC Clearance or eligibility to obtain and sustain.
The future is bright:
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £210 per week
- Full-time Apprenticeship (Covering a variable shift pattern between 8.00am - 6.00pm)
Location and Travel:
Based accessibly via public-transport, you must be able to travel to the Hertford County Council in Hertford on a daily basis.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be able to lift ICT equipment on a daily basis. Health and safety assessments will be conducted for working alone and lifting. Training will also be provided.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and Training Provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80828687