Head of IT Infrastructure and Applications
Head of IT Infrastructure and Applications
Salary - Competitive
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country's leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of IT Infrastructure and Applications. You'll be working from our Milton Keynes Head Office
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Reporting to the Business Development, Marketing and IT Director the Head of IT Infrastructure and Applications will be responsible for all IT infrastructure and applications across Scania UK. You will lead a dedicated team who manage and support all user devices, servers and backend systems (including dealer management and associated systems), networking and infrastructure as well as the links to factory/ head office hosted systems.
As part of the role the individual will work with the team and the business to set up a structure so the IT department is well placed to go into the future. So this role will appeal to someone who not only wants to “keep the lights on” but wants to bring the organisation and its skill base forward.
The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring a high level of security and compliance.
- IT strategy: Oversee all technology operations, devise and establish systems to support the implementation of overall strategies, objectives and principles of the organisation. The IT strategy should support the business plan both now and into the future. The IT strategy piece will also look at unwinding legacy and putting in place a secure but connectable/ open architecture.
- Network: Review the network – Scania operates across 90+ dealer points - to ensure lighting fast speeds and quality of connectivity. The network needs to be robust and secure, hence security controls and threats need to be address and in place. Measure performance utilisation to optimise access and availability of systems.
- System Management: Identify, lead and implement best systems and practises to improve availability, control changes, implement repeatable processes and adequately measure and manage risks.
- Business continuity: Direct the effective delivery of disaster recovery systems and processes; identify and develop documentation, create test procedures and define resources to deliver business continuity in the event of an accident, disaster, emergency, outage, or threat.
- Information security and data protection: Develop the management framework to protect IT, data availability, privacy and integrity and ensure client and personal information is handled properly. Develop and execute on security plans, including activities to be performed in-house or through third-party relationships to best manage the company's information systems.
- Supplier Management: Review suppliers on a regular basis to ensure technologies are fit for purpose, future proof while delivering value for money. Benchmark service provided against other similar suppliers.
- Budget Control: Manage and deliver to the IT budget. Review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though contract consolidation and negotiation.
- Leadership: Alongside the Business Development, Marketing and IT Director put together a team that is fit for purpose and looking into the future. Provide thought leadership to the team to engage and motivate, and embrace “the new”
Excellent benefits package including, pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, free on-site parking, subsidised restaurant, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It's about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80844872