Vitality, Corporate Underwriter, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Corporate Underwriter role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
Our Underwriter will be responsible for financial underwriting of Corporate, new and existing business. You will support the delivery of business plans through sustainable grown of the portfolio by delivering market competitive pricing that optimised profitability, growth and retention. You also must ensure that risks placed with Vitality Health are priced appropriately and fulfil the acceptance and risk assessment criteria for both new and existing business.
Responsibilities as our Corporate Underwriter include:
- Respond accurately to requests in line with published service levels
- Quote assessment up to own level of authority or with recommendation for price where above own authority
- Maximise opportunities to secure new business and renewals at profitable terms
- All appropriate UW queries dealt with up to agreed sign off level or referral made where above own authority
- Any relevant logs or databases maintained accurately to ensure management information can be produced
- Monitor and manage own workloads and service levels to ensure action taken to keep within service levels at all times
- To undertake and support project work or ad-hoc duties as and when these arise
- Participate in cross team working
- To assist with dealing with complaints both within the team and to give help and guidance to other areas of the business
- Be and expert on Underwriting Guidelines/ Philosophies to ensure accurate undertaking of role and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and capability through QA and regular testing
Skills and Experience require of our Corporate Underwriter:
- Degree or relevant experience in transferable subject, including GCSE’s A-C or equivalent
- Experience of working in a financial risk assessment or underwriting role.
- Dynamic and resilient individual with an desire to work in an innovative and change oriented environment
- Confident and comfortable making significant financial and commercial decisions
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, whilst managing multiple priorities and planning own workload
- Experienced using Microsoft Office applications in particular MS Excel to organise and analyse data
- Able to work well in a fast paced environment with regular exposure to senior stakeholders.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in a commercially sensitive environment
- Contributes to the evolution of the department
- Previous experience of Private Medical Insurance Underwriting or Underwriting of corporate/Intermediate business is desirable
Working for Vitality as a Corporate Underwriter you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th April 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Corporate Underwriter please click ‘apply’ today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80849135