Infrastructure Support Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist based at a well-known banking group's data centre in Canary Wharf, London. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs), temporary role running until 31st March, 2019, Monday to Sunday (on a rotating shift pattern), working 7.5 hour shifts between 7am and 7pm, to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £22.26 ph / £166.95 per day (Ltd/Umbrella), depending on experience.
Required to work as part of a team providing Datacentre network and Infrastructure support. This work is varied and can be both in and out of normal office hours. In addition there will be the requirement to carry out general IMAC activities common in the data centre environment, to include racking & de-racking of server equipment.
The tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Network installations cabling and support in the Data Centres
- On-site service support of remote network & telecom teams
- Working with on-site team to set-up, rack, Re-calibrate, and maintain Network & Telecom equipment, Cabling Fibre and Copper using various test and measuring equipment.
- Experience of Datacentre environment including handling of break-fix activities on server hardware.
- Engineer may be requested to provide service out of core business hours as part of change management for planned interventions.
- Support troubleshooting of the network & server devices.
- Troubleshoot of the trunk cables within the two data halls.
- Initiates and owns escalation to the appropriate Supplier staff and or Customer Representative for resolution that require assistance of more technical resources within the Supplier or Customer organization
- Coordinate and manage escalations for data issues with supplementary Service Providers performing additional data services.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to resolve general support issues.
- Acts as a team member by providing information and support to team efforts.
- Ability to use tools and measurements which are compliant with approved certification process for infrastructure cabling fibre and copper
- Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to listen and interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership.
- Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment HW and FW/SW & knowledge of multiple platforms,
- Technical associate's degree or equivalent experience and 2-4 years related experience.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and problem solving phone skills. Uses quantitative data to draw conclusions.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to utilize computerised work order systems to perform issued work orders. Also maintains inventory of all associated parts.
- Experience of Service Now call management systems and Aperture would be an advantage
- Network technicians should be trained to CAT 5/CAT 6 certification standards
- UTP and Fibre optic cabling installation, testing, and repair
- HPISS X86 server installation, configuration, repair and breakfix skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80841798