Conflicts Lawyer - London - £70,000-£100,000
Are you a qualified lawyer with experience of working in a commercial law environment? Do you want to join one of the top law firms?
A leading City law firm is looking for a Conflicts Lawyer to join its compliance function.
You will be part of a team responsible for the management of conflicts of interest and associated compliance issues across the Firm’s global practice, including Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
• Assessing whether new mandates can be accepted in the context of current conflicts and other regulatory rules, as well as internal policies, across the full range of practice areas within the firm.
• Assessing and making decisions on whether changes to existing mandates create any conflict or other compliance issues for the firm.
• Determining any applicable conditions upon which mandates can be accepted or continued.
• Analysing information contained in the Firm's conflict management systems.
• Liaising with both partners and lawyers to establish whether a conflict of interest exists, often in the context of a range of related matters, many of which are highly complex transactions.
• Establishing information barriers.
• Dealing with ad hoc questions/queries from Partners and lawyers relating to conflicts of interest and other engagement risk issues.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Be a qualified lawyer (UK or overseas)
• Experience in risk and compliance within a law firm
• Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way.
• The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and clearly with all members of the Firm, both orally and in writing.
• Attention to detail.
• Responsive to the demands of lawyers and have the ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
• The ability to plan and organise effectively in order to meet business priorities.
• A quick learner able to adapt to new processes and technology.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80843158