Management Accountant (Temp to possible perm)
- The role will be to extract info from Sage onto Excel
- Working in their catering division within hospitality and banqueting, dealing with revenue split costings
for each event dealing with cost allocation
A leading conference and banqueting venue
- Management Accounts: To produce timely and accurate management accounts for their retail outlets on a monthly basis to include detailed event by event profit and loss statements, trading account, KPI's and commentary.
- Variance Analysis: Understand variances against budget and review the completeness and accuracy of both revenue and costs. To provide details of the above key monthly movements and variances to the Financial Controller in a reliable and concise format for exploration with the relevant managers.
- Control accounts: To ensure all balance sheet control accounts, including stock, sales, cash, accruals and prepayments, are fully reconciled at each month end reviewing the reconciliation and supporting documentation where the reconciliation is not performed by the post holder. Ensure reconciliation differences between EPOS and SAGE and EBMS and SAGE are investigated and promptly resolved. Control account reconciliations should be available for periodic view by the Financial Controller.
- Operational Reporting: To measure and evaluate the catering financial performance of the Company. Feedback monthly results to the operational catering team and catering sales team where appropriate and ensure all actions are monitored and reported on
- Payroll: Review, approve and provide cover for the weekly payroll for casual catering staff.
- Budget: Prepare first draft of the annual budget for catering at and retail outlets for review by the Financial Controller.
- Robust control: Partner with other middle managers across the business ensure best practice financial control is in operation for all aspects of the department's finances including cash office, weekly payroll, agency costs, stock purchasing and management and food wastage.
- Ledger: Calculate and post required nominal ledger journals each month including recharge of salary costs to events, posting event costs of sales and stock transfers, generating accruals/prepayments including maintaining a clear audit trail.
- Stock counts: Ensure that frequent stock counts are carried out at all sites and variances investigated and escalated where necessary.
- Cash Counts: To ensure periodic cash counts are undertaken and appropriate spot checking of banking and cash reconciliations
- Previous involvement in the preparation of monthly management accounts, control reconciliations, and cost management - ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience of working within the catering / hospitality industry, previous experience in payroll and stock - IDEAL
- Part-qualified or qualified by experience - ESSENTIAL
- Experience of Sage and Excel - ESSENTIAL
- You must be available to start work immediately - ESSENTIAL
- The possiblity of a permanent role
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80835663