Workshop Service Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Engineer to join our team at Nationwide Platforms. As a Service Engineer you will work within a busy depot to inspect, repair and maintain our machines ensuring that they are ready for use by our customers. In this role we look for people with an enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the relevant qualifications or experience in the rental industry. This is a fantastic chance to use your engineering skills and join the UK market leader in powered access.
- Support the Senior Service Engineer in the effective running of the Depot workshop within the region
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacturer’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use. Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment
- Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standa
- Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with company procedures
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times. Relay appropriate customer queries to depot staff as required
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, off hire, pre/delivery inspection and service sheets.
- Update system on machine status change i.e. PDI carried out, Machine under repair, 6 monthly statutory Inspection completed
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Relevant General Maintenance qualification and proven experience gained within the Construction Industry
- Experience in Plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics fault finding
- Have a mature outlook and the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
- Must hold a clean licence
In return you will receive:
- A Competitive Salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Pension capped at 5%
- 25 days holiday
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.
Its dedicated research and development division, BlueSky Solutions, is also committed to indentifying and solving key issues and challenges faced by the industry as well as developing a range of solutions to improve productivity, increase safety and reduce cost for customers.
The company also ensure the industry is properly trained in the safe use of powered access and in 2016 it retained its position as the world’s largest IPAF provider for the sixth consecutive year after training more than 15,000 delegates. In addition, it trained a further 1,500 delegates on a range of PASMA, IOSH and other Health & Safety courses, making it one of the world’s largest providers of working at height training.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80845091