Commercial Finance Manager
I am working with a disability charity going through significant strategic change, and is recruiting a Commercial Finance Manager to lead the financial oversight of this transformation. . This is a critical role which will support business case development, investment appraisal and expenditure control for all new strategic investments.
The charity is a UK based disability charity that has been providing support and raising awareness of the issue. They are currently in the process of a period of change as they look to expand and change their operations across the UK.
The key responsibilities of the job are:
- To develop and deliver a wide range of commercial finance services to the business, helping improve performance through focus on areas such as profitability, cost control, risk, business planning, cash flow, working capital, and capital investment appraisal.
- To lead and co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budgets, and the ongoing monitoring of actual and forecast financial performance.
- To develop and maintain excellent business partnering arrangements ensuring the provision of reliable and timely financial information and analysis.
- To build and maintain complex assumptions-driven commercial financial models for relevant departments. This is to support budgeting, forecasting and other ad hoc decision making as the departments implement their strategies. Examples include Fundraising donor acquisition and Retail store profitability.
- Manipulating financial models and explaining development opportunity's to senior stakeholders.
You will be a CCAB qualified accountant from a Housing, local authority or private property background and with strong technical ability. Furthermore the ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Production of management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Knowledge of dealing with charitable services.
- Understanding of building and challenging business cases.
- Exposure to financial modelling, either manipulating financial models or creating from scratch.
- Experience dealing with senior stakeholders and advising on financial issues.
£50,000-60,000 + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80845659