Full Stack Developer - C# / Ruby - Remote or Office based London
Full Stack Developer - C# / Ruby
Remote or Office based
£38k-£48k + Benefits
Our client is a company that helps transform and utilise data in the Education Sector. The use of data in the Education sector has become more prevalent over the last 10 years, which has allowed education establishments to make intelligent business decisions by analysing and reporting data. Our client builds platforms to help education businesses both analyse, report and aggregate the data they acquire. Better tools, better data, better decisions and ultimately better education.
We are looking for a developer with some prior "full-stack" experience and a desire to develop by working with a variety of technologies to join our dev team. We work in an Agile development environment and maintain several products in a range of languages including:
- A centralised data platform exposed through REST APIs currently built primarily with Rails.
- A remotely managed, distributed network of agents deployed in schools throughout the country, written in C# and Atom.
- Customer facing web apps currently in React and Rails with some new projects starting in Elixir/Phoenix and React/TypeScript.
You will get involved with the whole product range and, as such, will have the opportunity to be exposed to all of the technologies mentioned above with a focus on the back-end systems but plenty of opportunity to be involved in the UI/UX should you so desire. There is remote working and a range of benefits working for this company. A key part of this opportunity is that you will be directly involved in the improvement of education to a huge number of learners across the UK and Europe.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong C#/.NET skills are essential as this will make up approx 30-50% of the role.
- Some Proficiency with the Ruby programming language and the Ruby on Rails web framework would be a big bonus.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Comfortable working within an agile environment, including; pair programming, test driven development and continuous delivery.
- Previous experience with the AWS platform and experience of working with (or at least an interest in) Docker containers would also be an advantage.
- Knowledge and previous experience of scaling HTTP based services.
If you would like to discuss this role directly, email me on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80847923