Compliance Officer - London - £25,000-£45,000
Do you want to be a part of one of the biggest law firms in the world? Do you have significant conflicts experience?
A leading City law firm is hiring a Compliance Officer to work in their Business Acceptance Unit and Conflicts teams!
The Conflicts team forms part of the BAU team and is responsible for conflict checking, information barrier set up and sanctions screening.
• The role will involve conducting conflict checks, i.e. gathering information to prevent the firm from unknowingly acting where there is a "conflict of interest".
• Performing searches utilising internal and external data sources;
• Reviewing all searches prior to sending the results to the requestor in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the search;
• Analysis of the reports in order to ascertain where there is a conflict of interest, and to clear the transaction to proceed where appropriate.
• Understand and identify wider risk and reputational and conflict issues at client take on stage;
• Communicating with partners and staff regarding conflict check results/process;
• Performing searches of newly sanctioned entities from HMT, OFAC and other sanctioning bodies, utilising in-house databases in order to ascertain if we act for or in relation to a newly sanctioned entity, and escalating as appropriate;
• Providing assistance and cover for the Conflicts Manager and other BAU team members as required.
Do you want to work in a firm full of inspiring people, many of whom are leaders in their fields?
Candidates for this role should be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level preferably with a law degree /or qualified in KYC/Compliance and have worked in a professional services environment in this field for a year. However candidates with more or less experience will also be considered, providing they can demonstrate the required competencies.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal, written and face to face communication skills with a variety of staff including senior partners and legal PA's.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80843577