Optimum Recruitment Group is proud to be working with a leading professional services business based in Harrogate who are looking to appoint into a newly created Financial Controller opportunity.
Supporting the CFO on the future development and progression of the finance department, finance team and delivery of financial support to the business; the successful candidate will alongside the Management Accountant and be responsible for:
- All aspects of financial management and financial control of the accounting systems and processes
- Supporting the heads of department
- Overhead control via direct communication with cost centre managers and budget holders
- Supporting month end and year end procedures
- Liaison with the statutory auditors and tax advisors
- Preparation of the statutory accounts
- Tax management
- Cashflow management
- Other duties include cover for the CFO as appropriate.
- Professionally qualified (ACA or ACCA is preferred)
- Up to date with your technical knowledge
- A problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to influence others and make decisions
- Able to demonstrate leadership within a team
- Enthusiastic to drive forward the range and scope of the finance team to support the business
- Determined to see a task through to the end
- Experienced in cost and balance sheet review processes (preferred but not essential)
If so then this is the opportunity for you.
The client is looking for someone who is genuinely interested in wanting to grow their experience and career with the business as its continues to grow organically.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80840433