Accounts Payable Manager
I am currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Manager position based in Cheadle. The role is a fantastic opportunity to work for a business that is a world leader in manufacturing and one that has significantly expanded over the last few years and this is set to continue.
The role is looking to pay up to £42,000 with a fantastic benefits package. Any applicant must have at least 5 years of management experience of must be proficient using SAP.
Policies & Procedures
- Where practical follow and review Group Policies, considering any areas for improvement.
- Ensure all vendor accounts are reconciled and maintain integrity of AP control account.
- Ensure all delegated internal & external audit requirements are resolved/completed.
Processing of vendor invoices
- Hands-on P2P invoice/credit note processing oversight with personal responsibility for:
- Utility and mobile invoices.
- Transport/Freight invoices.
- Vehicle leasing invoices, including VAT treatment, and administering fuel cards.
- Review invoice coding, matching and obtain authorisation for FB60 invoices/credit notes.
- Maintaining Sub-Contractor database and liaising with HMRC.
- Review purchase and credit card transactions, and administer cards correctly.
- Oversee expense claims, including checking claims are within the company policy.
- Supervise the resolution of vendor queries to ensure resolved in line with agreed procedures
- Develop procedures and systems to improve the timeliness and accuracy of invoice processing
- Ensure the month end check list is completed accurately and promptly before closing down
- Complete journal for non-posted invoices e.g. non-receipted PO's or unauthorised FB60's
- Ensure the purchase ledger is closed down on the first working day of every month
- Run all month end reports to be kept on file and submit copies to the Head of Finance
- Ensure vendor statements are reconciled on a rolling programme basis.
- Assist with inter-company vendor reconciliations where queries arise.
- Post DD and non-automated payments as 'manual cash' from Feba to vendor account.
- Weekly Feba clear down (bank control account) - investigate unmatched cashier and AP entries.
- Prepare and raise timely and accurate bi-monthly Bacs payment runs.
- Raise one-off manual payments upon request, but improve processes to minimise these.
- Keep track of stage payments in conjunction with Procurement dept., particularly POA.
- Provide meaningful and accurate forecast payment figures for weekly/quarterly cash flow.
- Monthly settlement of intercompany 'Netting' system in conjunction with Group Treasury.
- Review of CIT payment.
Vendor master data
- Maintain vendor contact via phone and e-mail to ensure aware of any changes.
- Ensure all vendor documentation executed, carefully monitoring account detail changes.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic records and SAP database to ensure accurate vendor details.
- Provide supporting documentation for monthly internal audit programme.
- Provide clear leadership to the team, setting clear standards and a vision of future developments
- Address the training and development requirements of the team to ensure people have the necessary competence to carry out their roles effectively
- Optimise the productivity of the team, including times of holiday and sickness.
- Assess and discipline staff as required whilst maintaining good morale.
- Operate the companies system for performance management and development.
- Deliver company team briefs.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Adam on 0161 828 6100 or alternatively please send in your up to date CV.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80839818