Front End Developer
About The Role
Here at Morrisons we’ve got an opportunity for an experienced Front End Developer to join our growing dev team based at our Head Office on the edge of Bradford.
In the job you’ll play an important role in creating engaging websites and content, working with autonomy you’ll be combining forces with a talented team of Developers, Designers, Copy Writers & UX/UI specialists to create websites with a user focused approach.
You’ll be part of new and ongoing process to really drive digital change within the business, working on a wide range of projects in a fast moving environment. You’ll bring ideas and innovation to the team, looking to spot opportunities to improve and develop the team’s capabilities.
You'll need to write clean, well structured and maintainable code to the latest W3C standards allowing other members of the team to easily pickup and enhance in your absence.
It’s essential that you’ll have skills and experience like this;
- Experience as a front end web developer in an agile environment
- Experience with implementing a CSS Architecture e.g. BEM, Smacss, Atomic design
- Experience of Webpack / Vue / Angular (2+)
- Knowledge of HTML5 with accessibility and Search Engine Optimization in mind
- Knowledge of one of the following; CSS3, SASS and PostCSS, including Flexbox
- Knowledge of Grid systems and responsive design
- Version control using Git
- Familiarity with Browser Development Tools and build tools, package managers and module bundlers such as Gulp, NPM, Yarn, Webpack and ParcelJS
- Awareness of how to increase Web Performance
- Ability to work within a team, take part in code reviews and bring ideas.
It would be great if you also had any of these, but they’re not essential;
- TDD/ Component testing (Jest/Enzyme)
- Experience of developing style guides and component libraries
- Photoshop or Sketch
- Familiarity with CSS Grid
- Working experience of Experience with React, Angular or VueJS
About The Company
With strong sales growth and our partnerships with McColls and Amazon, it’s clear to see the focus we’re putting on serving our customers better and you can join us on the innovative journey our dev team are on to develop leading digital products to drive this.
We’re looking for people who can bring ideas and think about how we can improve on what we’ve done so far.
So if you have the skills we’ve listed above and you’re the type of person that’s interested in following the latest developments in front end technology then we’d like to hear from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80849665