Senior Financial Planner
We are seeking a Senior Financial Planner to provide holistic financial planning advice to a bank of new clients. The Financial Planner would also be expected to develop referral business from within and outside of the our clients Group, help promote Wealth Management to external introducers and work with colleagues from within our client.
Your role will also involve finding new Wealth Management opportunities within their corporate client bank. The successful applicant will be expected to develop the opportunity into new business for Wealth Management, by ultimately providing quality financial planning advice.
You would be expected to work towards agreed budgets and working practices as confirmed by the Regional Director, Directors and Wealth Management Executive. Work within FCA and Wealth Management guidelines relating to compliance and delivering good customer outcomes.
Our client is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Their client proposition is built upon their deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, they place their clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results they deliver.
Our client has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since October 1987 and today has a market capitalisation of over £2.5bn. The business has been very successful and has grown substantially over recent years with employee numbers increasing from 5,000 to over 11,000 over the last 5 years. Today our client has offices across 41 territories.
- Provide holistic financial planning advice to new clients, delivering the service level they would expect from Wealth Management.
- Develop referral opportunities from outside and from within our clients group.
- Promote Wealth Management within the wider Employee Benefits group and with other professional connections, identifying opportunities for selling Wealth Management services.
- Provide financial planning advice to individuals through comprehensive KYC, undertaking a needs analysis and identifying solutions within the principles of best advice and suitability,
- Work in conjunction with the support with the support team, ensuring that all associated administration is completed in an effective manner to meet the firm's record keeping and file quality requirements.
- Meet and exceed revenue and other targets as set by the business.
- Ensure that high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the advisory process, operating at all times in a manner which befits an Approved Person and complying with the FCA's Statements of Principles and the firm's documented performance measures/standards and compliance plan.
- Ensure maintenance of competence by constantly reviewing own training needs and, in conjunction with your Supervisor, addressing those needs in an appropriate and timely manner evidence by an up to date Statement of Professional Standing.
- Qualified to Diploma Level 4
- Attained and current Statement of Professional Standing (SPS) and CII
- AF3 or G60 qualified
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a structured, efficient manner, using support staff where necessary.
Our client offer highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within our client in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80840107