Apprentice Service Desk Analyst
Interested in gaining valuable experience whilst working towards industry led training?
Baltic Training and Serco are delighted to be in partnership to recruit 2 Apprentice Service Desk Analyst's to join an existing IT department based in Bournville, Birmingham! This exciting opportunity comes due to the continued success of Serco, who are a service and outsourcing company with experience of delivering essential public services for more than 40 years!
If you are a pro-active, well-organised, self-motivated individual with a methodical approach to problem solving and excellent customer service skills then this is the role for you!
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow". Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and break down barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
Duties include, although are not limited to:
- Customer focused with a strong sense of quality and a desire for delivering service excellence.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can oversee the execution of tasks assigned and works well with own/ client teams to remove any obstacles.
- Sets and meets customers (internal and external) expectations, promising only that which can be delivered.
- Has the respect of the customer as a result of committing and delivering
- Understands the relationship between work processes and the business.
- Is aware of internal/external business issues and instigates the ideal course of action as a result, ensuring best practice at all times.
- Has the ability to identify new opportunities within own area and appropriately engages client or manager in the pursuit of such opportunities.
- Once opportunities have been identified, provides innovative, workable solutions / plans for take on and continued delivery of the service.
- Answer all contacts within contractual SLA's and meet all other SLA and KPI targets
- Ensure communication delivered to users is accurate, appropriate and high-quality.
- Ensure that all incoming contacts are logged, diagnosed and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards
- Deliver to first level resolution targets and improve on first level resolution
- Deliver to remote resolution targets and improve on remote resolution
- Triage contacts to support teams and escalation areas as required
- Be responsible for delivering a high-quality IT support service in line with target SLAs
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Network Fundamentals MTA
- Mobility & Device MTA
- Cloud Fundamentals MTA
- Business Processes
- Coding and Logic
- External Assessment, Synoptic Project and Overview
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Ideally 5 C Grade GCSE's, including English and Maths.
- Strong telephone confidence & manner to respond to queries
- Record all appropriate information accurately within the system CRM
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Contribute as directed to Service Desk knowledge base
- Manage own workload in an accurate and timely manner
- Adhere to all other Serco policies, procedures, work instructions, local and contractual obligations
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Capable of working in a pressurised environment
- Logical thinker and problem solver
The future is bright:
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £210 per week
- Full-time Apprenticeship
Location and Travel:
Accessible via local public-transport links, the role is based at Serco's site in Bournville, Birmingham.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and Training Provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80830248