Support Engineer (DevOps)
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer (DevOps) to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. They have spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. They have built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile techniques to deliver their pace-setting applications. They like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as their Support Engineer (DevOps)
Are you driven by technology? Do you enjoy using technology to deliver innovative solutions? If so then this role is for you. Working as a support engineer you will be responsible for building, configuring, supporting and enhancing their solutions from development through to production. As they grow, automation is key so they are looking for individuals who can make things happen. Whilst the skills are important, the ‘right person’ is just as, if not more important. They’d be happy with some of the above, a year or two of experience and a strong desire to learn.
You’ll join their project team, who are currently involved in a range of projects, from upgrading/standardising 150+ environments to development, to providing ongoing support of live services, other responsibilities include:
- Migrating current infrastructure to AWS
- Re-designing processes focusing on automation
- Writing infrastructure as code
- Maintaining major strategic clients
- Embracing DevOps, Continuous delivery & Continuous Integration
- Looking after over 1 million quotes a day across all clients
- Supporting developers, testers and support
You’ll also be involved in various cloud initiatives, from client services in the cloud, through to supporting the ‘self-host’ AWS solution. It doesn't stop there, you’ll work with Elastic Stack, they’re running the latest version and looking to make use of Machine learning and Metrics beats. This is a challenging role perfect for a support or Devops engineer with few years of experience. They would be happy to put you through your Linux, Puppet, certifications to ensure your skill sets evolve with their technologies. If this sound like and you have the desire to learn, then they would love to hear from you.
Requirements and Experience needed to become their Support Engineer (DevOps)
- Demonstrable experience in a Support role, preferably in an DevOps environment
- Experience of supporting scalable, resilient Amazon cloud-based infrastructure, using an Infrastructure as Code approach
- Experience of using automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform, Vagrant, Packer etc…
- Scripting in Python, Ruby, Bash
- Awareness of Monitoring tools such as Grafana
- Using version control systems such as Gerrit, Git
Benefits of becoming their Support Engineer (DevOps)
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘apply’ today to become their Support Engineer (DevOps)! They’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80836418