Management Accountant (Temp to possible perm)
- The role will be to extract info from Sage onto Excel
- Working in their catering division within hospitality and banqueting, dealing with revenue split costings
for each event dealing with cost allocation
A leading conference and banqueting venue
- To produce timely and accurate management accounts for their retail outlets on a monthly basis to include detailed event by event profit and loss statements, trading account, KPI's and commentary.
Variance Analysis: Understand variances against budget and review the completeness and accuracy of both revenue and costs.
To measure and evaluate the catering financial performance of the Company. Feedback monthly results to the operational catering team and catering sales team where appropriate and ensure all actions are monitored and reported on
Payroll: Review, approve and provide cover for the weekly payroll for casual catering staff. Budget: Prepare first draft of the annual budget for catering at and retail outlets for review by the Financial Controller.
Ledger: Calculate and post required nominal ledger journals each month including recharge of salary costs to events, posting event costs of sales and stock transfers, generating accruals/prepayments including maintaining a clear audit trail.
Stock counts: Ensure that frequent stock counts are carried out at all sites and variances investigated and escalated where necessary.
Cash Counts: checking of banking and cash reconciliations
- Previous involvement in the preparation of monthly management accounts, control reconciliations, and cost management - ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience of working within the catering / hospitality industry, previous experience in payroll and stock - IDEAL
- Part-qualified or qualified by experience - ESSENTIAL
- Experience of Sage and Excel - ESSENTIAL
- You must be available to start work immediately - ESSENTIAL
- The possibility of a permanent role
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80835888