Following our recent acquisition by a market leading not for profit company (charity), we are looking to appoint an experienced management accountant to join a medium sized finance team based locally in Workington.
This is a key role within a busy and fast paced team and an opportunity to join an award winning, sector leading and dynamic company.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the role will include the following responsibilities:
* Production of the monthly TB and management accounts to strict deadlines for inclusion in Group integrated reporting
* Analysis of Profit & Loss against budget and prior years
* Preparation of monthly management reports for cost centre meetings
* Assistance with a 'bottom up' detailed budget to company level driven through cost centres
* Assistance with quarterly budget reforecasting at company level
* Fixed asset management and Capex budget reporting
* Reconciliation and preparation of quarterly VAT return including intricacies of partial exemptions
* Analysis and reconciliation of ESFA public funding remittance and receipts
* Uploading of budgets to Sage at company level and Hyperion at Group level
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Good working knowledge and advanced use of Sage 200
* Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
* Knowledge/completion of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
* Use of Hyperion software
* Use of Maytas system application
* Knowledge of training/education sector
* Knowledge of ESFA/public funding
* Minimum AAT qualified with five years post experience, or
* Part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA accountant
* Analytical and organised methods of working
* High level of initiative
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Flexible to change
* Good organisation and time management skills
* Enthusiastic and team player
* Good sense of humour
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80837250