The Analysis Engineer will predominantly be looking at the development of existing and new products, carrying out CFD / FEA analysis and physical experimentation to optimise the airflow, thermal performance and structural integrity of new designs. Two-way communication with the engineering design team and other R&D engineers will be vital to implement the results of these analyses into the design process.
You will provide engineering support and expertise to conduct non-conformance reporting and corrective action. You will ensure products are compliant with relevant regional directives, standards and certification requirements. You will also be liaising with Quality and Production teams on technical issues, identifying continuous improvement in the design process and products.
- The Analysis Engineer will be expected to undertake a wide variety of analysis, the primary aspect being airflow / thermal. CFD analysis is currently performed in-house using the OpenFOAM system, with CAD modelling in Creo.
- The candidate will be working with project teams and will be expected to build up expertise in their products. There are always a variety of products being developed, as well as complications arising from the integration of standard products into customer specific applications.
- It is desirable that the candidate has a good understanding and experience of calculating stress, vibration, deflections and fatigue Creo Simulate is used for this work.
- The position will interface with the Mechanical Design team by performing flow and thermal analysis.
- The position will involve close liaison with in-house testing, and will be required to perform some of the testing to validate analysis, therefore being practical is important. In addition the role will involve working with external test houses from time to time.
- On occasion the candidate will be expected to produce detail design drawings for some parts.
- The candidate is to have a good understanding of the physics of fluid and structural mechanics. They ought to have experience of running CFD and FEA analysis as well as hand calculations.
- Good education, ideally a degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- Fluent English communication skills - both verbal and written, with a confident and professional communication manner
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- A good knowledge of Creo would be preferred, but other 3D modelling packages will be considered.
- Experience of using the Creo Simulate FEA analysis software or the OpenFOAM system would also be advantageous. Some experience of Linux would be preferable.
To apply for the role of Analysis Engineer, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80826255