SystmOne Trainer (NHS)
Working as a member of the Education, Training and Development (ETD) Service within the Informatics Directorate the post holder will be responsible for providing IT Systems training throughout the Trust. To provide quality assured training and support. The post holder will work to Institute of IT Training and Department of Health ETD Standards in support of the trusts Informatics Strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To develop and deliver high quality IT Systems training courses and provide professional knowledge and support to staff.
- Train and supervise members of staff in all aspects of clinical and Microsoft applications and to offer exceptional customer service, motivating, improving performance and promoting team values to achieve required outcomes. Use advanced computer skills, expert knowledge of clinical systems and training skills to:
Train users on Clinical systems and the Patient Administration processes in both formal class room setting and within the operational areas.Facilitating sessions to ensure that they are effective, handling conflict as necessary to ensure strong line management of attendees.Construct and maintain up to date training material to be used on training courses.Resolve users' questions and use judgement skills to identify and escalate issues where appropriate.Provide professional advice to all level of staff on the Clinical Systems and procedures
- To liaise, build and maintain links with Project Teams to provide dedicated clinical systems training and process knowledge. This will involve:
Close liaison with Project Managers and CliniciansThe investigation of current processes to establish consistency of local practices with Trust PolicyConduct Training Needs Analysis to assess training requirements and develop an appropriate training programmeIntroduce, implement and evaluate the training programmeMonitor progress and feedback to the appropriate people.
- To maintain and administer relevant information systems and review/monitor systems. This may include troubleshooting problems, referring to the appropriate department as required.
- To ensure that joint working and close co-operation is developed and maintained with staff both internal and external.
- To identify training needs using data quality reports, including the Clinical System Performance Indicators, helpdesk information and reports. Gather, analyse and provide this information to assist development and implementation of appropriate training packages.
- To liaise with Information Technology department with regard to technical issues around clinical systems. Help resolve the issues using expert knowledge of the relevant clinical system.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the system and that it meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- To liaise with System supplier to address system updates, resolve user queries and incidents. As a system expert, local expert knowledge of the system should be applied when liaising with the supplier to help resolve issues as speedily and effectively as possible. Each incident will be logged following the standard procedure and communicated to all members of the Training Team to ensure that they are aware of the associated issues.
- Use developed keyboard skills in packages such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce Training Materials, scripts and Project Plans and Project Records.
- To quality check new software and update users of changes. As part of the ETD model process and supporting procedure, Trainers will be expected to carry out testing of new software, log incidents and liaise as required with the software supplier, develop training material and implement the changes in day to day training with all staff affected.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY ROLE, INITIALLY UNTIL END JUNE 2018 (WITH THE VIEW OF EXTENSION).
DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE INDIVIDUAL FEEDBACK TO CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80779964