Senior Finance Business Partner
Making the ordinary possible. That’s our day job and it could be yours too.
Are you a qualified accountant and have advanced knowledge of the charity sector including SORP 2015? Do you passionately want to make an impact in a growing charity? If so, then this is the role for you!
This role is responsible for the Business Partnering of strategically important areas including Fundraising, Treehouse School and External Affairs, working alongside Directors and the Head Teacher to help them deliver their financial targets.
The key responsibilities:
- To develop the financial strategy (the 5 year model) for Fundraising, External Affairs and Treehouse School, ensuring that these longer term financial projections align to the organisational strategy and providing input and influence to support ELT members to meet their targets
- To provide a bespoke Business Partnering service to the various budget holders reflecting that the areas supported by the Senior Business Partner bring a variety of financial challenges, from managing significant expenditure budgets, to dealing with complex fee income to restricted fund accounting. The Business Partner is required to find ways to help respective ELT members navigate these differing challenges.
- To lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for Fundraising, External Affairs and Treehouse School, influencing ELT members and budget holders as necessary to ensure that their financial position is in line with organisational targets
- To draft the organisation wide monthly management accounts report for ELT and Trustees, and complete a thorough month end Business Partnering process for the areas directly support by the Senior Business Partner
- To design, produce and circulate high quality management information and analytics that monitor performance against the financial plan, to ensure that the financial position remains on track, addressing any issues that are identified and working with ELT members and budget holders to proactively manage any emerging risks or opportunities
Excellent benefits (27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and an interest free season ticket loans alongside other benefits)
Closing date: 16 April 2018 (midday)
Interview date: 20 April 2018
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
Please note this post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.