Commercial / Insurance Lawyer
Our client is looking for a Legal Counsel to come in and assist the Company and its Group companies in matters relating to every angle of the insurance distribution agreement chain. The successful candidate will be an Insurance Lawyer with a good proven general commercial law background. Candidates will need to be able to point to experience of dealing with insurance contracts for either insurer or broker.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded legal department in a company that is looking to grow in the company years. You will be involved in a variety of legal matters not just limited to insurance matters and will be given the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
- Reviewing, updating, drafting and advising on general insurance matters including but not limited to - binding authorities, claims handling agreements, Broker TOBAs, co-insurance & reinsurance agreements, AR and IAR agreements, outsourcing arrangements, aggregator and software house agreements
- Reviewing, updating, drafting and advising on other general commercial and other contracts for the supply and/or sale of goods or services agreements
- Assisting with and advise on all other legal matters relating to Group companies
- Providing support on projects and legal issues as and when required
- Providing general assistance to the General Counsel
- Dealing with contentious matters as and when required, including but not limited to drafting letters before action, settlement agreements and attending court or tribunal hearings
Our client envisages that candidates with 4+ years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.