IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager - Based Near Woking - Salary Upto £40,000
Your new company
Your new organisation are a leading scientific research organisation.
Your new role
You will be the integral part of an end to end implementation of a Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS) within the organisation and will be the central communication point for vendors and business.
Getting involved with consulting stakeholders in the organisation in order to gather business requirements as well as finding effective application solutions for the organisation, leading the implementation process, setting timelines and deliverables moving forward. Overall effectively managing the whole process from conception to full implementation and support, working very closely with the Project Owner ensuring the project milestones and objectives are met.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a a pro-active, customer focused and enthusiastic individual with a passion to deliver. This is a highly collaborative role which requires you to be comfortable leading inter-disciplinary projects and resolving technical problems.
You will be required to;
- Work with key stakeholders to establish and clarify the requirement of the project(s).
- Ensure the delivery of IT systems within the remit meet operational quality standards and complies with appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Act as a bridge between product development, quality assurance and laboratory operations.
- Lead on a project involving different business streams and workflows.
- Provide technical leadership and decision-making within their remit in process development and systems integration, including LIMS and other pipelines as required.
- Identify, contract and then manage and liaise effectively with primary managed service providers and other third party suppliers.
- Develop project methodology, full project life-cycle management from inception to embed into service (including PIDs, RAIDs, status reports, UATs). Plan activities to deliver project milestones.
- Responsible for communication and reporting to Project Owner and Senior Leadership Team as required. Prepare and present regular progress reports.
- Assist within the organisation to implement lean practices.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a salary upto £40,000 with a healthy benefits package. On top of this you will also get to the opportunity to join an organisation that is actively making a difference and leading the industry through its research. You will gain a wealth of experience and be continuously challenged due to an ever adapting landscape the organisation works within.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.