Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist to join Greenacre Ward, a 17-bedded Male Low Secure Unit at Cygnet Woking. The successful candidate will join three other Consultant colleagues and 4 Specialty Doctors at Woking.
Cygnet Hospital Woking offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Lodge Woking, our sister hospital close by, provides a mental health rehabilitation service for men and extends our care pathway.
Services are delivered in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living. We aim to assist patients with their mental health and reinforce their daily living skills, helping to prepare for independent life.
In this role you will:
• Have medical responsibility for up to approximately 17 patients within the ward
• Streamline and manage the admissions and discharges for the most efficient use of beds at the hospital
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT); working collaboratively with Consultant Psychiatrists, Doctors, other AHPs on site NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital
• Working in close collaboration with service users and multidisciplinary teams to produce effective treatment plans for service users
• To have daily handovers from the nursing staff as well as all other appropriate meetings including MDT meetings, CPA, NHSE CTR, Tribunals and Managers’ hearings meetings
• Participate in the on-call rota – 1 in 4 (mostly telephone advice)
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• Current experience as a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
• Experience of working in Adult Forensic / Mental Health services
• Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• MRCPsych or equivalent
• In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
• Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Excellent communication skills
In return, we will offer
Salary: £145,000 (negotiable – depending on experience), contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer subsidised meals and a free pick up / drop off service from Woking Train Station.
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation. As a growing organisation, with exciting plans for the future, we are passionate about driving employee development and supporting our staff's wellbeing.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Richard Church (Medical Director at Cygnet Woking) or Peter Smith (Operation Director and Interim Hospital Manager).
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*