Support Coordinator - Basildon, Castlepoint and Rochford
- Full Time
Job type – Full time, Permanent
Salary – £21,654 per annum + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch) 08:00 – 22:00 on a rota basis, 7 days a week including bank holidays.
Location – Basildon, Castlepoint and Rochford
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for Support Co-ordinators to support young people within Basildon, Castlepoint and Rochford. Your role will be to improve the lives of young people using the service by providing direct housing related support services in conjunction with Nacro housing and property management. You’ll be working with external agencies with the aim of achieving successful move on and other measurable outcomes. There may also be a requirement to work on your own within the community or with the service setting.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with young people offering creative and innovative supported opportunities for them to improve their quality of life develop their skills and make decisions about the future.
- Act as individual 'Keyworker' to a group of identified young people, taking lead responsibility within Nacro for the co-ordination and delivery of their support.
- Draw up and deliver support plans that created during discussion between the young person and their Support Workers.
- Under guidance, work co-operatively with children's services, health agencies and other community based services, helping to provide the most effective service for young people and their families.
- Facilitate regular consultation and action to enable young people to make decisions concerning their resettlement options with a view to independent living.
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked within a support environment who is looking to progress and take the next exciting step in their career.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is needed to be successful in this role.
For a full job description please visit our website via the button below.
For a full person specification please visit our website.
For details of Nacro’s excellent benefits including 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) please click here
Please Apply Online