Internal Auditor - Greater Manchester. International Manufacturing Organisation. Salary £35000
Your new company
Market leading global manufacturer, with an approach based on strong guiding principles
Your new role
You will provide support to the Head of Group Risk & Assurance, coordinating & conducting risk based internal audit activity across the group as part of this highly respected audit function. You will be responsible for the delivery of the end-to-end audit process, in a wide ranging variety of business areas, providing you with exposure at all levels across the organisation. You will assist in the preparation of the audit plan, attending planning meetings & providing valuable input.
You will also be be involved in the continuing development of the organisations risk management function, driving a culture of risk awareness throughout the organisation. You will provide insight and training to risk champions across; maintaining risk registers to reflect their input & audit findings.
You will have the opportunity to travel to international sites across the business, conducting a variety of financial & operational audits as well as ad-hoc investigations as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly with the ability to communicate effectively with people across the business is essential. This will include colleagues at all levels, up to and including Executive and Board level management.
- Commercially aware, business focused and able to suggest pragmatic ways to address identified control weaknesses.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experienced excel user, with knowledge of match, index, pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to differing situations.
- Must be highly motivated and have a positive and energetic attitude.
- Strong time management skills.
- Takes full responsibility for the quality of their own work.
- Maintain credibility, integrity, independence, confidentiality and at all times.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant / internal auditor to take the next step from practice into industry with a genuine 'market-leading' organisation. You will receive a competitive basic salary, a generous pension contribution and a range of flexible benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.