Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining
Job Description For Vacancy No: 238605T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining
Job Status: Permanent
- The successful candidate will be a recognised expert in manufacturing & machining processes and will have significant experience of managing new products into existing manufacturing process streams.
- This is a leadership level role within the Technical Services organisation, therefore the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation and Product Groups by managing specific technical functions, supervising Manufacturing Engineering and support functions for current manufacturing processes, new process justification and implementation, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, NC programming, gage planning and technical troubleshooting to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing and assembly of quality products.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of manufacturing engineers using computer aided design to provide work instructions, and NC and robotic programs to the machining manufacturing operations team. Other responsibilities include facility layout and area allocations, and related regulatory compliance.
- Responsibilities will also include managing manufacturing processes, tooling, gaging and equipment to economically produce product components and assemblies, and provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation.
Qualifications / Experience:
- An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant proven technical experience is essential.
- Applicants MUST have extensive experience of engine component machining and manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an Engine Manufacturer or similar company.
- Excellent Analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical date and make recommendations.
- Previous experience using 3D modelling tools (Vis Mockup).
- Previous experience using project & programme management systems.
- A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers and suppliers.
- Decision making ability.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Have an understanding of failure analysis, problem solving, and product and process definition.
- Previous knowledge of our client's products and processes and those of the competition is advantageous.
- MS Excel and MS Project skills are essential.
- Ensuring optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements.
- Coordinating release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand.
- Directly working with other teams and suppliers, requires that the successful candidate demonstrates skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree project deliverables and milestones.
- Representing their function in key forums such as Design Reviews.
- Evaluating and promoting new manufacturing processes.
- Establishing standards and working with other teams to resolve problems related to process, tooling & equipment.
- Working jointly with marketing, engineering and customer services areas on concurrent product and process designs to ensure products and processes are of robust design and support economical production.
- Providing project management support for major systems and equipment installations.
- Managing new product introduction programs including coordination of product design, component processing, and financial management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets.
- Adhering to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
- Identifying & implementing training, development and motivation for a staff capable of completing objectives and implementing cost reduction projects, ensuring concurrent product and process design and meeting the requirements of the manufacturing process.
- Actively involved in decision making process.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable legislative requirements.
Salary: £48K - £58K (D.O.E)
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 18% bonus, possible car cash allowance, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
Relocation / Sponsorship: Available with this role