Purchasing Administrator / Analyst
Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimisation, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists, engineers, support services and technicians to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do - join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
Purchasing Administrator / Analyst Role Overview:
• Provision of centralized purchase to pay service to ensure controlled and cost-effective provision of goods and services based on our company’s needs.
• Conducting purchasing and supply chain-related research and analysis to support the technical, finance and operational teams.
• This hands-on role will be based in our offices in Oxford and reports to the CFO.
• Conducting market research to identify pricing trends, evaluate offers from suppliers and negotiate pricing and payment terms to ensure best value.
• Raising purchase orders for goods and services either directly or via requisitions.
• Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery.
• Reviewing deliveries against orders and resolving any ensuing issues.
• Reconciliation of invoices against orders.
• Arranging payment and liaising with the business support and accounts teams.
• Updating in-house databases / systems with contract and order details (dates, vendors, discounts, quantities).
• Monitoring stock levels.
• Preparing cost centre, departmental and project analyses and generating reports.
• Monitoring stock and equipment levels and identifying purchasing needs.
• You will utilise system and technical knowledge to answer questions effectively and in a timely fashion.
• You will cultivate a strong working relationship with finance, technical and operational teams.
• To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills / Abilities:
• 5 years’ experience in a purchasing role
• A good understanding of supply chain procedures
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of market research
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• Excellent working knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• A flexible approach to hands-on working in a small and fast-growing company
• The ability to remain calm and work to deadlines.
• Prior purchasing role experience in a life sciences / biotech company
• Degree or equivalent in a business, finance or science related discipline
• Certificate / formal qualification in Procurement and Supply Operations
• Working knowledge of Sage accounting software.
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Open
Hours: Full time
Salary Guide: £27,000 - £35,000 per annum (Depending on qualifications and experience) plus benefits
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Child Care Voucher Scheme, Glasses Vouchers, Long Service Benefits and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford.
How to Apply:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please apply online. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
Diversity and Equality of Opportunity:
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
Please apply online for this Purchasing Administrator / Analyst role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.