Atkinson Moss are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Manufacturing Accountant to work in Norwich. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career and gain valuable skills and experience within manufacturing. You will be part ACCA/CIMA ideally and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a finance team.
- Preparation of monthly manufacturing data within tight deadlines for use in management accounts
- Build annual margin report from budget sales and manufacturing data to show profitability by production cell, customer and product
- Providing thorough and detailed ad-hoc and monthly analysis of variances against budget and forecast for manufacturing costs
- Inventory management and reporting, including stock valuation/revaluation
- Control of stock obsolescence and disposal
- Investigate unusual balances / variances with a view to resolving issues quickly
- Be an integral part of the Finance Department and willing to cross-train for holiday cover
- Assist Operations with their weekly / monthly reporting requirements and Ops KPIs
- Work with CI Manager to understand changes to manufacturing processes and replicate changes to BOMs and manufacturing accounting
- Maintaining/updating the standard cost system, and producing ad-hoc product costing as required
- Responsibility for exec payroll and cover for weekly / monthly payrolls. Supervision of payroll clerk. Keep up to date with payroll legislation
- Developing and improving manufacturing accounting processes and procedures
- Participating in and supporting business improvement opportunities and other ad-hoc projects
You will have a good understanding of product costings and be able to engage with other departments and problem solve. This is key position to the business and the relationships internally and externally. For further information and a confidential chat please contact Angie Atkinson.