Data Engineer - SCALA, SPARK, HADOOP - NORWICH - ASAP - 3MTHS+ - UP TO £500PDAY
We are at the forefront of helping companies connect the online world with the offline world using mobile location data.
To do this we use the latest location technologies embedded into our partner apps on consumers' mobile phones and when combined with geo-location capabilities and our extensive Bluetooth beacon network, we generate and store anonymised data. Our platform, algorithms and data teams then synthesise this into four distinct products and services:
We are looking for a data engineer to work within our engineering team who can show the following experience.
- Support and extend current Data Processing Platform
- Evolve Data Engineering Architecture
- Hands On Development of new data extracts or feeds to internal and external business parties
- Prototyping, ad hoc data extraction
- Work closely with Data Science Function
- Improving the effectiveness of the database tools and services
- Ensuring all the data complies with legal regulations
- Making sure the information is protected and backed-up
- Regular reporting to the teams you work with
- Monitoring database performance
- Improving the technology used
- Building new databases
- Monitoring data entry procedures
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
It would be desirable for the Data Engineer to have exposure to some or all of the following systems:
- Expert level of knowledge in big data engineering
- A proven delivery of large scale data projects using both structured and unstructured data;
- Expert use of tools such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive (Spark is mandatory);
- Expert knowledge in Python or Scala or applicable languages;
- In depth knowledge of AWS data tools such as EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis;
- Good understanding of data security issues and privacy;
- Solid understanding of a data lake architecture
- Understanding of the best processes and practices for making data available for further analysis and data science activities in the most efficient way
- Knowledge of Zeppelin Notebooks or equivalent;
Please click on apply now to get your CV across to me!!
This is a 3mth contract with a fantastic daily rate of up to £500 (depending on experience)
Talent Point is a Hiring Communications business, working as sole hiring partners with our customer. We present only three applicants for every vacancy so, where we do represent you, you have a very high chance of securing a role with pre-booked interview times to plan around, in-depth vacancy details and no delays. Are you ready to seriously invest in your progression? Let's design your future.
Talent Point is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law.