Strategic Supplier Manager
Strategic Supplier Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Benefits: 12% bonus at target, Private Medical Insurance, 28 days holiday, fantastic pension scheme (Matched contributions doubled e.g. 7% from Employee, 14% from employer) and much, much more!
Royal London (RL) is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have a commercial ambition. An ambition to create and sustain a best in class Group-wide Sourcing and Supplier Management capability. A capability that delivers defined commercial excellence, time and time again. The Procurement Transformation is underway and there is no better time to join Royal London!
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Strategic Supplier Manager to join our Sourcing and Supplier Management Team based in our Wilmslow office. The Sourcing and Supplier Management Team's purpose is to be a trusted and valued commercial capability that delivers significant business cost, risk and relationship management value and to create a centre of commercial excellence for the Royal London Group through best in class sourcing and supplier management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and development of strategic and preferred suppliers; working with the relevant business stakeholders to lead a structure supplier management framework; and covering supplier performance, risk, cost and relationship considerations.
- Be responsible for owning 3-4strategic and a select number of preferred suppliers as per the Supplier Segmentation model
- For the material outsourced suppliers, lead on service improvement plans. For other suppliers, provide an escalation route for specific supplier poor operational performance
- Develop and maintain key supplier account plans to include revenue targets, continuous cost and service improvement plans, issues, potential growth/change, contractual and regulatory requirements, risk/reward and exist strategy
- Assess and establish a supplier management programme for relevant suppliers under leadership
- Drive significant cost, risk, performance and relationship value from best in class approaches to supplier management
- Develop relationships which will enable greater influence over suppliers' new product development and deliver competitive advantage
- Responsible for bring industry leading practice into Royal London through leadership participation in conferences, event and networking
- Design, lead and implement strategic supplier management frameworks based upon business and supplier collaboration models
- Accountable for ensuring compliance to the use of the Supplier Management Framework for relevant suppliers
- Work in collaboration with the Sourcing team with respect to the management of strategic and preferred supplier relationships, leading all relationship aspects
- Responsible for all relevant supplier risk management and audit activities. Ensure all supplier specific risks are identified and captured appropriately and effective mitigation and management interventions are in place
- Build and develop strong senior stakeholder relationships throughout Royal London relevant to owned suppliers. Become a trusted supplier management advisor through successful stakeholder engagement
- Responsible for owning the risks faced by their business area, managing the control framework and implementing and embedding all elements of the Risk Management System (RMS)
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in supplier management, preferably within the financial sector
- Very strong knowledge of commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to achieve best in class supplier management
- Proven ability to achieve substantial cost benefit
- Strong selling style and effective communicator, collaborator and influencer
- Good technical skills - systems, Microsoft Office suite etc.
- Proven negotiation skills and comprehensive knowledge of contract law
- Graduate calibre or relevant professional qualification desirable, e.g. CIPS
- Significant change management experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex numerical data and present with clarity and simplicity
- Outstanding relationship management skill set
- Good analytical skills - a strong attention to detail and capability to see, assess and mitigate commercial risks
We're looking for candidates with strong behaviours, core values and ethics. Evidentially professional, with a passion for building long-term sustainable business, supplier and colleague relationships. You'll be highly self-aware and see the value that can be enjoyed through collaboration and team working. We always aim to selflessly deliver the best outcomes for our members and customers.
For further queries please contact Joe Donnelly