Location: Milton Keynes
Position: Legal Secretary
Salary: £19,000- £23,000 DOE
Are you an experienced legal secretary with a minimum of 3 years work experience?
Do you have previous exposure to family law?
Our client is looking for an individual who can work on their own initiative and enjoy working as part of a team. Interested? Great…. You will be used to providing fast, accurate support to colleagues and customers whilst continuously adhering to industry compliance and litigations.
You will assist with the day to day smooth running of the office by assisting with general administrative tasks, typing of digital dictation and providing support for the Fee Earners, to ensure an efficient service is delivered to all clients.
You will ensure the needs of our clients are met to the highest standard whilst adopting the Solicitors Code of Conduct and adhering to our policies and procedures.
Minimum 3 years secretarial experience
- Core PA/Legal Secretary skills
- Good standard of education with effective Maths and English skills
- Typing skills: Fast accurate audio/digital dictation and copy typing skills (55+ wpm)
- IT skills: Confident in the use of all Microsoft office packages
- Ability to effectively prioritise, excellent organisation and administrative ability
- Ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure/to deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to source work from others when own work low
- Enjoy working in a busy environment
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to take messages effectively and efficiently
- Good team player
- Personable but highly professional
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours may be required from time to time
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Good work ethic
- Extent to which behaviour is in line with the Company Core Values
- Working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Experience of working within a law practice or in a professional services environment
- Has experience of a case/document management system
- Previous exposure to family law
- Can work in an organised and methodical way both in relation to own work and also on Fee Earners files/diaries
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80967330