Senior product Owner
We are Hermes, the UK's leading consumer delivery company handing over 270 million parcels per year with a 15% growth year on year for the last five years.
We are embarking on a journey, utilising cutting edge technology to ultimately engage our customers at every touch point in their digital experience.
As a team, we innovate and challenge the status quo to meet the needs of our broad and varied client base.
We believe that every team member will play their part in achieving the goals of the team, department and company.
As an individual, you'll have the support to grow and progress your career. We are building a learning culture, where it's safe to fail, and failures seen as learning opportunities.
We are establishing a team of skilled individuals with a passion for technology.
Working in a fast paced agile environment, using eXtreme programming and software craftsmanship principles to produce high-quality solutions at speed.
Product Owners are responsible for defining and delivering the product vision and to convey that vision to the delivery teams. They are a key interface between technology and the business, with a solid understanding of users, the market place, the competition and of future trends for the products being developed.
The Product Owner owns and prioritizes the product backlog. They motivate the delivery teams with a clear, elevating goal.
Confident in communicating with strong influencing and negotiation skills, they are experienced in working with colleagues up to senior management level. The product owner is available to their team and shows commitment by doing whatever is necessary to build the best product possible.
Our Product Owners are business savvy. They are the decision makers regarding what features the product will have. The Product Owner should understand the market, the customer and the business in order to make sound decisions.
All About The Role
- Contributes to evolution of the products and services they support from small change up to strategic projects
- Works within a delivery team and is empowered to make decisions which may influence the success of projects and team objectives
- They are able to exercise substantial personal responsibility and are able to plan their own work to meet objectives
- Has responsibility for the allocation of work and mentoring of less senior team members
- Is able to influences project stakeholders, customers, suppliers and peers to assure the quality of the work they deliver
- Can work on a broad range of complex technical activities and is able to investigate and resolve complex issues
- Can select appropriate tools and techniques to achieve their goals and is able to document and communicate this effectively
- Quick to learn and able to apply teaching in a way that delivers immediate business benefit
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and takes responsibility for driving their own development
- Carries out such tasks as directed to meet the needs of the business
All About You
- Able to represent the customer by being responsible for managing and owning the Product Backlog
- Can elaborate Epics and Stories, including priority, test and acceptance criteria
- Outstanding domain or product knowledge. Fearless about making decisions on product direction and feature-set.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand their horizons
- A high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Great customer liaison and communications skills
- Excellent motivation skills, is fun and is able to bring the best out of a team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962085