Junior Buyer - Homewares
My client is currently recruiting for a Junior Buyer - Homewares within their new and exciting team. They are undergoing a large expansion plan and need a highly commercial Assistant Buyer for a step up or a Junior Buyer to join their team.
My client is a rapidly growing homewares retailer who are expanding into new markets and re-defining the current retail market. They are a highly creative and forward thinking business and need someone who is willing to be a part of their journey.
As a Junior Buyer - Homewares based in Orpington you will manage end to end processes from product and supply strategy through to delivery and execution instore and online.
The department supports core ranges by the creative selection of complementary product such as Mirrors, Rugs, decorative and soft accessories. Working in collaboration with the core Homeware Buyers the product selection should enhance the offer and be maintained in accordance to the key launch periods per year.
As the Junior Buyer - Homewares, you will have an established background within home accessories with a flair and passion for product and styling. You will work well independently as well as within a team with a strong leadership and communication skills in order to support visual merchandising and retail teams. You will be creative, innovative with a highly commercial approach to drive forward the accessories department to achieve sales targets and margin. You must be a strong negotiator and have the ability to influence those around you whilst creating strong cross functional relationships.
* Autonomy and management of product selection and range building across the total accessories department.
* Maintaining structured price architecture within the product proposition to ensure good, better, best mixes are apportioned correctly
* Managing market observations and defining a clear product strategy
* Enhancing core furniture product ranges in accordance to the look and feel of the strategy
* Management of range review and sign off presentations to be in line with core departments
* Negotiation of store display discounting and markdown exit plan costs
* Margin maintenance by sub department
* Maximise sales opportunities both instore and online by showcasing of breadth of range
* Considered and educational product knowledge to be cascaded simply and effectively through to the retail team and consumer.
* Managing store, customer service and quality manager's feedback via Supplier to ensure preventative actions are put in place.
For the role of Junior Buyer - Homewares you will have -
Previous Buying experience at either Junior Buyer/ Product Selector/ Assistant Buyer level
Home Accessories experience vital
A passion for creative product development and understanding of required quality and compliance expectations
Strong analytical skills
Excellent communication skills
Self-motivation and the ability to work within a high pressured faced paced environment
Strong organisational skills
Flexibility in regards to travel needs of the business, you will be required to travel through the UK for store visits, with possible European and Far East travel
Full UK driving license required due to travel needs within department
£30,000 - £35,000 + fantastic benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80960104