Graduate Teaching Assistants
We are working with a secondary school in South London, who are recruiting a number of graduate teaching assistants to start in September 2018. This will be working under the instructions of the SENCo and SEN department, assisting pupils who are on the SEN register. This is a full time position, working hours are 8.15am - 4.15pm.
This secondary school is highly-regarded in the borough, and was recently built with impressive facilities. There are statemented pupils in each year group, who are supported by enthusiastic and experienced teaching staff who make full use of the school's well-equipped facilities.
You will be expected to work in mainstream classes providing in-class support across the curriculum to students and also monitoring and managing poor behaviour to maintain class control and pupil focus. You may also work on a 1:1 basis with specific students. Other responsibilities include monitoring and reporting on pupils progress.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a Teacher training program in the future.
The school is near a tube station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962426