Interim Head of Corporate Communications
A large public sector organisation based in Winchester require an urgent Interim Head of Corporate Communications role to start immediately.
Our client is a large public sector organisation based in Winchester. They offer free parking for the park and ride system which has buses every seven minutes during core hours.
Reporting to the Corporate Head of Strategic Support, this role will fulfil the duties of a senior business partner, working closely with others across the organisation (including the Chief Executive and his team and senior leadership groups) to deliver a proactive corporate communications function which ensures the overall Communication Strategy supports the organisations priorities.
- To act as the first point of contact for all corporate communications issues arising within allocated business units
- Supporting the delivery of major projects within the city and district regeneration programmes as appropriate
- To support the Corporate Head of Strategic Support to develop and deliver an overall corporate communications approach in line with organisational priorities, taking advantage of all channels to market to protect and promote the reputation.
- To identify and manage corporate communications risk, making clear, informed, appropriate, pragmatic and timely decisions within a highly pressurised environment.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with the senior colleagues, key internal stakeholders and relevant external third party organisations to ensure a high quality and timely response to media enquiries.
- To act as a spokesperson for the organisation as required in consultation with Members and senior colleagues as required.
- To monitor the wider media to identify emerging issues which may impact reputation.
- To demonstrate a sound understanding of all media, and contribute to the development of excellent media management skills amongst team members and staff to ensure that all communications enhance or protect the reputation.
- To prepare, review and edit as required; press releases, films, audio clips, social media posts and articles for publication, working to tight deadlines.
- To participate as designated in the preparation and implementation of the major emergency and civil defence plans and election duties as required.
- To undertake such other duties, as determined, commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of the post.
The successful candidate will be an experience corporate communications professional who has previously acted as a Head of Communications or Director of Communications in a local authority/council. You will have managed large team previously, and have extensive strategic experience. You will need to demonstrate experience of acting as a spokesperson for organisation, experience in dealing with a range of media including television and managing the reputation of an organisation.
This is a senior role so you will need to have worked with a senior leadership team before, with experience of presenting to a high-level audience.
Competitive daily rate - please get in contact for details. This role is urgent and requires an immediate start.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80967574