Tool Hire Assistant
Salary: Salary discussed upon application
Expiry date: 22/03/2018
Tool Hire Assistant - Jewson Builders Merchants - Redhill
This is an exciting opportunity where no one day is the same, where you'll build relationships with customers and develop your skills in tool hire equipment. Are you in?
Join the Jewson Tool Hire team and you'll build productive and profitable relationships with your customers in the area, whilst our customer service is excellent at all times.
What will I be doing in the role?As a vital part of our Tool Hire team;
- You'll ensure we stock and deliver the right tools and equipment to meet our customer's demands. There will be occasions where you'll be driving a Transit or any other vehicles to deliver equipment on time to local sites.
- Every time the hire products come back to us, you'll make sure they're fit for the next customer. This will involve repairs, servicing maintenance of numerous forms of plant equipment, so it's important that you know your technical stuff, as well as having a friendly, positive attitude at all times.
- Preparing customer orders, loading and unloading safely and satisfactorily, ensuring any technical problems, faults and repairs are dealt with efficiently
- Ensure sales orders and delivery schedules are processed accurately and promptly.
- Ensure the safety of self, colleagues customers, by maintaining an up to date knowledge of Tool Hire H&S procedures and ensuring any maintenance meets the necessary standards and H&S certification is maintained
Am I who you are looking for?
- Relevant product knowledge, preferably within hire business is a strong advantage or an interest in DIY, renovations or other relevant hobbies. We'll teach you everything you need to know.
- You will have a strong customer service ethic, preferably gained in a sales environment, and ideally have some experience of the Tool Hire industry.
- Driving is required all roles you must have a full driving license
- Experience of towing desirable but we will provide full training.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety regulations is desirable
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.