In-house Commercial Lawyer
Our international, award winning client is searching for an experienced In-house Commercial Lawyer to provide legal advice and assistance to the Directors of the business across a variety of general Commercial matters. Based at the company headquarters in Derby, you will be interacting with senior members of the business on a frequent basis and will have a large amount of autonomy and responsibility.
Some of the main responsibilities for the position include:
- Dealing with all commercial contracts and agreements for the business, including supplier, customer and master service agreements;
- Supervise and train other members of the team with the Head of the Department;
- Assisting the Directors with other matters for the business, including risk, regulatory and company secretarial duties;
- Undertake ad hoc projects of a general commercial nature within the business as required.
Required skills for the role include:
- Proven capability to review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts and agreements;
- Ability to interpret relevant legal information and transfer it into useable and agreeable formats;
- Ability to provide thorough advice on risk for all legal and commercial matters for the business.
There is a clear path for progression within the business at all levels, as well as a competitive package.
Our client envisages that candidates with 6+ years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact David Smith at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.