Multi-Skilled Technician (Electrical bias)
Are you an individual with relevant experience in an engineering environment? With strong technical and continuous improvement skills? Then we would like to hear from you.
Our client's Production Team, based in Dunbartonshire is seeking 2 x Multi-Skilled Technicians to join their Engineering team. The role will provide the support required to meet the business needs to achieve results in both planned and breakdown maintenance, ranging from hands-on work to administration through the computerised asset management systems.
In your role as a Multi-Skilled Technician, you will be an integral part of a team reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, with some of your key responsibilities listed below:
- Carry out routine servicing, fault finding, repair, monitoring and testing of electrical and mechanical equipment across Maturation and Operations sites.
- Carry out general site electrical and mechanical maintenance as required.
- Take instruction from and input records to computerised asset management system (E1, Crimson and Torrington) prioritising, scheduling and implementing work in accordance with the schedule.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors.
- Prepare, issue and manage WA and Permit to Work.
- Carry out mandatory compliance checks and maintain records
- Communicate pro-actively with line management to plan and co-ordinate maintenance and repair activities
- Undertake Ex inspections of electrical equipment within hazardous areas.
- Conduct inspections of fixed electrical systems iaw national and CBL standards.
- Support electrical orientated project workscopes with electrical installation, testing and handover.
Our ideal MST will have:
- Time-served. Electrician with 17th Edition and COMPEX Certification.
- Undertakes multi-skilled training and to work to a level of multi-skilling in line with competence.
- Displays effective Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement skills
- Demonstrates the ability to develop new skills and train others.
- Numerate and literate with good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate and able to operate business process systems e.g. E1 / EAM to required levels.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexible to support other teams as required.
- PLC, HMI and SCADA experience
- Must be able to drive.
The role requires a highly motivated, 'can-do' attitude. You should be proactive and capable of working on your own initiative. The position requires very high levels of flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and prioritise improvement actions to match the business requirements.
Closing date: 20th April 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968480