Engineering Manager (Interim / Contract)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our passionate and knowledgeable Engineering team on an 18 months contract.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Maintenance Department to maximise plant and equipment availability and reliability, so that the Company can deliver the business strategy, at an economical cost, whilst achieving the highest standards of environmental, health and safety performance
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in managing engineering teams within a unionised environment (Plant size >100 people), and driving continuous improvement, ideally in a WCM environment. Ideally experience in Professional Maintenance would be advantageous.
This is an interim/contracted position for 18 months and will likely lead in to other opportunity across Saint-Gobain.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Engineering Manager you will;
- lead the Maintenance Department to maximise plant and equipment availability and reliability
- Ensure safety management systems are implemented throughout the engineering department and driving a ‘safety’ culture
- Control operational performance to enable delivery of annual production targets and associated plant KPIs.
- Ensure WCM methodology is embedded and used as the key process in identifying and prioritising plant losses and initiating continuous improvement, delivering against the annual cost deployment matrix.
- Manage and drive WCM systems down to the engineering team – basic tools (QK, OPL, 5S, tagging) and the Professional Maintenance pillar.
- Deliver and control the maintenance spend and monitor/report against budget
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are effectively planned and organised, including repairs, down days, and projects (both electrical and mechanical). Define planned maintenance requirements for the year and ensure preparation of down days.
- Manage a communication system with other areas of the plant regarding maintenance issues, so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Benchmark maintenance practices, performance and costs against SG Group plants and other industry equivalents. Achieve and exceed minimum Isover benchmark reference values and implement best practice
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Engineering Manager specifically it is important that you have:
- Degree qualified Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- IOSH Certificate
- WCM Instructors Course (if internal)
- WCM practitioner (AM, PM, FI, CDM)
- Good IT skills, especially Excel for data analysis
- A high degree of numeracy and analytical skills, using data analysis and statistics to identify plant losses and stratifying data down to root cause.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Isover - part of the Saint-Gobain group, producing glass mineral wool insulation. Isover manufacture environmentally sustainable glass mineral wool insulation for thermal, acoustic and fire safe solutions. We develop sustainable insulation solutions to protect both your built environment and the natural environment. Isover insulation warms and protects 1 in 3 homes in Europe and 1 in 5 in America.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Isover is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Isover or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80969141