All round Developer
All round Developer – Commutable from Birmingham
We are excited to be working alongside an advanced and innovative Cyber-Security protection company. Our client uses sophisticated means to detect and manage technical security incidents. There are presently opportunities for software developers to join this company up and be involved in leading-edge technology development.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and competent Software and Infrastructure to join an existing small team, working in the field of Cyber and Computer Forensics technology. The ideal candidate should have a background in either IT infrastructure and/or software engineering and should be a keen technologist. They would need to be happy learning new technologies and coding languages and be comfortable working across numerous software languages.
Developers existing at the company work in a fun and dynamic environment where they are encouraged to explore original ideas and concepts to help solve difficult problems.
The work is varied, you will be asked to develop and support many applications and projects. Developers will sometimes work as part of a team on a large project and sometimes alone to solve a particular problem. The existing team work largely in C#, Python, Java and C++ although any technical background will be considered providing the candidate shows a willingness to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge tools and technologies. Our client encourages diversity of thinking and innovation.
- Design, develop and maintain a suite of in-house software applications, agents and scripts
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues across a broad range of technologies
- Work on development activities to support the field of cyber defence and response within a team of specialist cyber incident responders and technical security experts
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concepts and vision, prototyping, deployment, and testing
Background and Understanding
- Strong coding abilities - proficient in at least one high level language, ideally C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with database technologies, particularly big-data solutions
- Experience with messaging technologies (AMQP, Microsoft Exchange)
- An understanding of source control, bug-tracking and the software development lifecycle
- Experience of designing RESTful APIs
- Hardware, Network and Application Design and Monitoring
- A keen interest in emerging technologies
- A positive attitude and the desire to add value
- Able to follow a fast, iterative agile development approach
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80960959