Insurance Manager and Corporate Risk
We have an excellent opportunity for an Insurance Manager with in Public Liability, ideally with some Corporate Risk experience to join our client a huge public-sector organisation based in Cornwall.
- Manage the handling of insurance claims made against the organisation and CORSERV ensuring they are dealt with in a fair and reasonable manner.
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of an excellent insurance service to CORSERV consistent with the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate the appointment of insurers, brokers, loss adjusters, risk consultants, investigators, solicitors and professional experts to manage the organisation's insurance responsibilities and liabilities.
- To provide professional management and corporate risk and insurance function and to lead on all risk management and insurance related matters to ensure the development of embedded risk management processes throughout the organisation.
- Lead and coordinate a programme of work across the organisation to develop, implement and maintain an effective Risk Management framework that includes the identification of risks, risk appetite, risk tolerances, controls and action plans.
- Negotiate preferential terms with insurance providers in relation to insurance premiums and to provide an integrated insurance programme to protect the human, physical and reputational assets of the council
- Promote a corporate risk management culture throughout the organisation that encourages balanced risk taking and develop insurable risk management strategies to reduce potential losses and pursue opportunities.
- Maintain efficient systems to support risk financing for the council and in the handling of insurance claims made against the council and to promote a proactive approach to reduce the number of claims, improve the ability to defend claims and improve efficiency whilst reducing cost exposure.
- Insurance qualification and experience within Public Liability.
- A Risk Management / Accounting qualification, educated to degree or hold of a professional body membership with clear evidence of continuing professional development
- Excellent knowledge of corporate risk management and experience of developing and implementing a risk aware culture in a large organisation at a manager level.
- Successful track record in developing and delivering training in risk management and insurance to Members, senior managers and employees.
- Strong understanding of strategic risk management and the strategies to support management in identifying and mitigating the highest risks faced by an organisation.
- Extensive experience of embedding enterprise risk management including facilitating risk identification and regular reporting to senior management
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating with insurers and brokers in coordinating the annual insurance renewal process and the ability to effective manage insurance contracts.
- Understanding and knowledge of CPR (Civil Procedure Rules)
- Experience of providing risk management and insurance support to complex and high value programmes and projects
- Extensive knowledge and comprehension of the law, regulation and best practice in relation to local government insurance
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of staff
APPLY NOW FOR AN IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80969406